Monday, February 20, 2012

Small Group Lessons from Geese

This video speaks for itself:


You could play this short video in your group and discuss it. Here are some questions:

  • What is your immediate reaction to this video?
  • How is our group like this?
  • How has our group fallen short of this?
  • How does our individualistic way of life hinder our ability to experience this reality?
  • What is one thing we could do differently this week in order to experience the lessons from the geese?
  • Read John 13:34-35:  “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great vid, Scott! I think I will send this on to our group leaders to think about and use in their groups. One thing I thought about was the idea of team leadership that I saw and heard in this video. One the point goose gets tired, it falls back and another goose takes the lead. Sounds like a vital component of a healthy group! One of the things I remind our leaders, and I've written about often, is that "no one leads alone," just as no goose flies alone. It's a team effort.

Unknown said...

We used this video and questions at our last leader meeting. We were able to talk about some issues in group life that I probably wouldn't have thought of on my own. Thanks for sharing!