- Disruptive Grace by Walter Brueggemann. This book opens my eyes to what covenantal spirituality looks like.
- The Light Has Come by Lessilie Newbigin. This commentary on the book of John reveals the character and nature of God.
- The Dark Night by Saint John of the Cross. I never wanted to read this book because I always wanted to avoid the dark night experience. Well, enough said.
- Redeeming the Routines by Robert Banks. I read this book 20 years ago. I found it on my shelf and I realized that the author speaks to major themes that I have been working on for the last decade.
- The Courage to Teach by Parker Palmer. My hope is that the book I'm writing now on leading community might come close to his wisdom about leading as a teacher.
Friday, March 8, 2013
5 Books that Are Influencing Me the Most Right Now
Usually Friday is book review day. But I've got too many deadlines. So I thought I'd answer the question: What are the five books that are influencing me the most?