- Missionary movement—focusing on reaching the nations and rejoicing in our efforts when we do.
- Charismatic movement—focusing on the experience of God's presence and rejoicing when we have the "right" experience.
- Church growth movement—focusing on growing the church and rejoicing when we are bigger this year than we were last.
- Seeker Church movement—focusing on church that will attract seekers and rejoicing when our efforts attract seekers.
- Cell Church/Small Group movement—focusing on multiplying small groups and rejoicing when we have more small groups this year than we did last.
- Church Revitalization movement—focusing on turning churches around and rejoicing we churches rise up out of the mire
- Missional/Incarnatinoal movement—focusing on living out church in the local, contextual neighborhoods and rejoicing over our creative church experiments
- Movement movement—focusing on rapid multiplication of simple churches and rejoicing over exponential growth.
We attain the ability to make a difference when we don't focus on the results of making a difference. Love is not love if we are trying to get some kind of predetermined result. And we can only live in this love and thereby offer love to others when we are rooted and grounded in the source of love.